Hi everybody, I’m rolling out an article series entitled “7 Simple Steps to Take Back Your Body”.
My goal is to provide answers to the most common challenges people face when it comes to their health and fitness.
I’m kicking it off by trying something new: testing the delivery format to see what people like best.
Because if there’s anything I’ve found out by writing, it’s that great information presented poorly never gets read.
So here’s my “B” version: Text article written first and then recorded into an audio format.
Here is my “A” version: Audio recorded first and then transcribed out.
Please let me know which one you prefer!
Listen to this article…
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
“What are the biggest challenges you face when it comes to your health and fitness?”
If somebody asked you that, what would you say?
I’ve asked people that very question – hundreds of times by now.
And I get back startlingly similar answers.
You are not alone, people across the board have the same general challenges when it comes to their health and fitness.
And I sort these challenges into three separate categories:
- I don’t have time.
- I don’t know what to do.
- I don’t know how to eat or how to make meals.
At CrossFit Downtown Winston, I address all three of those as the cornerstone of helping people transform their bodies and lives. Here’s how:
- I show people how to work out efficiently so that they can fit the workouts into their time frame. You don’t have to workout 10 hours, 20 hours, or 30 hours a week to be fit.
- I show people how to do the Crossfit movements correctly and safely. If you don’t know how to work out, that’s fine. You weren’t born knowing how to work out so don’t sweat it.
- I help people with nutrition: what to eat, how to eat, when to eat.
For the purposes of what I’m doing with this short piece, I wanted to deliver the most impactful things that I have found for people to do on the front end.
The things that you can do right now to make the biggest difference in your life.
The seven simple steps you can do to take back your body.
Here’s how we’ll address those 3 categories of challenges together.
- We’ll be addressing the lack of time through very short workouts (10-15 minutes) that you can do on your own and at home.
- We’ll be covering some very basic movements, the push up, the squat, and then putting those together into everybody’s favorite: the burpee.
- We’ll also be addressing how to eat by going over three simple rules on how to change your eating right now to make a huge difference.
We’ll actually be start out with those nutrition tips. Stay tuned. I’ll be back with my colleague Linda and we’ll be talking about nutrition.